▹ Tell me more about Biomaxa?
- Lanolin is a wax which is extracted from shorn sheep’s wool in a process called scouring. Its natural qualities are ideal for lubrication, water repulsion, and it penetrates easily into the chain providing long lasting performance.
- The multi-purpose cap design combines a precision nozzle with a chain guide cap. Wastage is minimised, giving you more value for money. The flat bottle’s compact size means it can easily be carried conveniently in a backpack pocket.
- Biomaxa is New Zealand made. All Lanolin used in this product is sourced from NZ by local wool scouring companies. Not only is the product inside biodegradable, sustainable and naturally sourced, every part of the bottle can also be recycled.
- Biomaxa is predominantly lanolin but contains some plant and mineral oil additives to make it suitable for mechanical lubrication purposes. Normal contact is not harmful, but prolonged skin contact may cause irritation. Wash with soap and water.
- The lanolin formulation is safe on all materials including carbon. Biomaxa won't attack or degrade any of your bike parts.
▹ Clean before applying.
- Biomaxa goes on as a liquid and sets into a waxy state.
- Use a mechanical chain cleaner and suitable cleaning solution before applying for the first time.
- If your drivetrain is dirty, the muck will mix with the lube and set into a nasty wax that is extremely difficult to remove. Dirt in the drivetrain increases wear and it won't run as smoothly as a well cleaned, well lubed setup.
- Apply the night before so the oil penetrates the links and sets into a waxy state.
- Wipe off the excess the next morning.
▹ Biomaxa vs Teflon lubes?
- Teflon lubes work great (especially in dry conditions) and are self-cleaning. We like that.
- With Biomaxa you need to use a mechanical chain cleaner and suitable cleaning solution more often than when using a teflon lube. But on the flip side Biomaxa scores with two big ticks:
- You will generally get a lot more riding between lubes - so your drive train remains sweet for longer.
- And it's all natural - no mini oil slicks left in backcountry waterways while re-lubing.