Ground Effect clothing and equipment is only available directly from Ground Effect. There are no agents, wholesalers or shops. You deal directly with the bods who actually design and manufacture the gear… and that lets you score great quality cycling stuff at outrageously sharp prices.
- Cruise the products, clicking on the 'add to cart button' as you go. When you've finished shopping click the 'cart' button at the top of the page. Follow your nose to complete your order.
- By phone. We're generally around Monday to Friday, 9 to 5. Weekends are for biking so you'd be dead lucky to find anyone here then.
Want to email us? Scribble a note to email@example.com
- 0800 655 733 within NZ
- 1800 145 333 from Australia
- +64 3 379 9174 elsewhere on the planet.
Currency and Payment
Use the currency selector at the top of the page to display prices in your local currency. You can pay by Visa, MasterCard, cheque, or titanium components. We use a secure server to safeguard your credit card details.
If you live outside of New Zealand, your purchase will appear on your credit card statement in your local currency - converted by your bank from the original NZ dollar prices at the current exchange rate. You may have to pay local taxes or duties when the package arrives - Canada, the United Kingdom and continental Europe are particularly stroppy about collecting taxes. Ground Effect subsidises the shipping to help alleviate that.
Privacy and Security
- Your name, address and email are only used by us to send out newsletters and any orders you may place. We do not sell, barter or give away your contact details to any other organisation, ever.
- When ordering, your credit card information is sent directly to the credit card merchant. We do NOT store your credit card details on our system.
- The Ground Effect checkout is secure. The pages hang out on a SSL secure server that encrypts the data at time of entry. The URL for the payment page starts with https. The 's' indicates that the site is secure. On most browsers you can click on the https to see the Security Certificate.
- If you have a My Account, a key derivation function called bcrypt is used to hash your password. So if you type in say ‘fiDo25’ and submit, it turns 'fiDo25' into an encrypted hash, eg. ‘XddSREe4334f$#$#$3#$#’. We never see or store your actual password. Your stored shipping address and order history live in our secure/https admin. Once you are securely logged in, it is relayed so you can view on your My Account page. With a strong password that is known only to you, no one else can access that information.
We hang out in New Zealand. The contract for any purchases, and anything arising from that contract is subject solely to New Zealand law.