Preferred garb for dodging the authorities and bracing winds as you head for the border. WindFoil™ softshell shuts out nasty drafts and drizzle when you're propelling your treadly on its tour of duty, or spinning yarns around the campfire.
- Full length front zip to prevent burnout.
- Zip pockets for parking your hands and loose change.
- Foreplay™ arm vents - zip 'em down for additional cooling.
- Raglan sleeves for enhanced fit.
- 360° Hazard!™ reflectivity.
- Secret tube repair patch.
- S size in selected colours only.
WindFoil™ combines the insulative benefits of a polyester micro-fleece liner with a smooth, highly water resistant, softshell exterior. A totally windproof, yet highly breathable membrane is sandwiched between the inner and outer fabrics providing effective protection in cold, dry conditions.
- Composition: 100% polyester with PU membrane.
- 100% windproof.
- Durable water-repellent (DWR) finish on face fabric.
- Breathability: 4000gm per sq.m per 24hr.
Approved clobber for terrorising the city, cruising the highways or café surfing. Unfashion garments combine comfort on the bike with sharp looks for when you hit the pavement.
Night travel is a spooky experience. Many Ground Effect garments feature our Hazard!™ reflective logo and piping to help remind traffic that we're on the road too.
▹ More than Kiwi Made
Ground Effect clothing is crafted right here in New Zealand. Has been ever since we started back in 1994. Manufacturing locally works for us. We operate a quick-response system - holding minimal stock of any one item, but churning out a few more quick-smart when the pile gets low. The upshot is that we are seldom caught with our shelves empty, so orders get despatched the same day you place them.
Garment Weight: 380 gm
||Urban & Tour
||Mtb & Road
||Mtb & Road
||2 at forearm
||2 hand pockets
||Single chest pocket
||3 rear pockets plus single at chest
||Single hip pocket
- All Ground Effect clothing enjoys a warm 40ºC machine wash. Try to avoid cold-water detergents and those with bleach, 'oxygen whitener' or fabric softener.
- The cold-water varieties have little enzymes that are super-charged to brave the cold but can damage technical fabrics and cause skin irritation.
- Bleach rots natural fibres like merino, strips the dye, attacks laminates of waterproof fabrics and can also cause skin irritation.
- Sodium Percarbonate (the main ingredient in oxygen whitener) can make colours run.
- Fabric softener and stuff containing it like wool wash destroys the water repellent finish on waterproof and water resistant fabrics, and can cause colours to run.
As a rule of thumb, a product that is easy on the planet is also easy on your body. Select a mild plant-based soap like Ecover, Ecostore, Earthwise or Aware.
- Hand washing is sometimes the only option on tour, but a washing machine rinses more thoroughly and is preferable if you have the choice.
Most Ground Effect gear dries super-fast so hanging on the line or drooping over the bedpost is generally the best option. High heat can damage some fabrics so if you do take your threads for a spin, set the device on 'medium' or 'warm' rather than hot. A lap in the dryer is recommended for your rain jacket, after it has dried on the line, as it helps recharge its water repellent finish.
- Be sure not to wash with socks, fluffy towels or flannelette sheets. Lint clings to the fleece on the inside of your top making it age before its time.