Gilt edged luxury for manualling the red carpet and terrifying the peloton. The state-of-art eXo™ skeletal pad is laminated to the shorts' body for unequalled precision and performance. While their Hot Shot™ Merino delivers a nudge more warmth than our standard issue lycra.
Three Month 'Free' Trial. Ride the Limousines (hard) and if they don't blow you away, return them to us within 90 days for a full refund.
- eXo™ skeletal pad - 3D anatomical shaping, multi-level foam, rapid drying, seamless synthetic 'chamois' pad with anti-bacterial finish.
- 'Contour fit' with s-shaped seams allows the lycra to stretch freely with your body.
- 12-panel construction.
- Flat seams for enhanced comfort.
- HighRise™ rear ensures a generous overlap with your cycle top.
- Wide elastic waistband for maximum comfort.
- Bandolier™ textured-lycra cuffs glue these shorts to your thighs.
- Fast-drying, 4-way stretch Hot Shot™ Merino.
4-way stretch winter luxury uniquely combines superfine NZ merino against your skin with a tightly woven, hardwearing nylon outer and lycra to stretch and move with your body. Warm as pie. Developed by Ground Effect and knitted just for us.
- Composition: 45% nylon; 39% merino; 16% lycra.
This state-of-art eXo™ skeletal pad delivers maximum performance for those who ride long and fast.
- Pad and shorts' outer fabric are laminated as a single layer – providing increased precision with minimal movement between the fabrics and your saddle.
- Near-seamless interface between pad and body of the shorts.
- External and internal differential-density mouldings provide additional padding at pressure points without increased bulk.
- 3D anatomical shaping, 4-way stretch and seamless construction hug your body for a performance fit.
- Polyester-knit face fabric against your skin disperses heat and moisture.
- Anti-bacterial finish and dries rapidly after washing.
- Made by TMF in Italy. Market leaders in cycling pad design and innovation. Manufactured in strict compliance with European environmental standards.
▹ 'S' Seams
S-shaped seams don't limit the stretch of lycra fabrics - ensuring Ground Effect shorts hug and move with your body, not against it.
Textured-lycra bands glue the legs of our premium shorts to your thighs, and provide muscle support – all without the discomfort of gripper elastic.
A stretch lumbar panel and HighRise™ rear overlap with your cycle top to keep you covered. No bare skin or lewd exposure.
▹ More than Kiwi Made
Ground Effect clothing is crafted right here in New Zealand. Has been ever since we started back in 1994. Manufacturing locally works for us. We operate a quick-response system - holding minimal stock of any one item, but churning out a few more quick-smart when the pile gets low. The upshot is that we are seldom caught with our shelves empty, so orders get despatched the same day you place them.
Garment Weight: 220 gm
▹ Should I wear underwear with these shorts?
Hell no. You want to have as smooth an interface as possible between your bum and the saddle. The seams on your underwear will inevitably be in the wrong place - causing rubbing and saddle sores. Also underwear is generally cotton - nice for everyday use but damp skin below is more susceptible to chaffing.
- All Ground Effect clothing enjoys a warm 40ºC machine wash. Try to avoid cold-water detergents and those with bleach, 'oxygen whitener' or fabric softener.
- The cold-water varieties have little enzymes that are super-charged to brave the cold but can damage technical fabrics and cause skin irritation.
- Bleach rots natural fibres like merino, strips the dye, attacks laminates of waterproof fabrics and can also cause skin irritation.
- Sodium Percarbonate (the main ingredient in oxygen whitener) can make colours run.
- Fabric softener and stuff containing it like wool wash destroys the water repellent finish on waterproof and water resistant fabrics, and can cause colours to run.
As a rule of thumb, a product that is easy on the planet is also easy on your body. Select a mild plant-based soap like Ecover, Ecostore, Earthwise or Aware.
- Hand washing is sometimes the only option on tour, but a washing machine rinses more thoroughly and is preferable if you have the choice.
Most Ground Effect gear dries super-fast so hanging on the line or drooping over the bedpost is generally the best option. High heat can damage some fabrics so if you do take your threads for a spin, set the device on 'medium' or 'warm' rather than hot. A lap in the dryer is recommended for your rain jacket, after it has dried on the line, as it helps recharge its water repellent finish.
- With shorts in particular, cold-water detergents and those with bleach or fabric softner can cause 'nappy-rash' so if you're experiencing issues in that department try a warm 40ºC machine wash and a change of cleaning brew.
- A washing machine rinses more thoroughly and is preferable if you have the choice.
- UV rays accelerate the decay of lycra. Our fabric is knitted so the lycra component lies on the inside of the fabric - shielding it from the sun when you're out riding. Consequently you should avoid drying these shorts inside-out. It's not a bad idea to do so occasionally as the sun does help keep the pad hygienic - although it is treated with an anti-bacterial finish anyway. But drying in this manner is a trade-off with the damage done to the Lycra.
- It's common practice to not wear underwear with your riding shorts so you need to wash your shorts daily. And it's recommended to give your shorts an initial wash when they're new - the eXo™ pad in particular becomes less stiff after the first wash.