4-way stretch nylon with a non-shiny finish. It's soft against your skin, yet is incredibly tough and dries quickly. Blended with 16% lycra to deliver body-hugging performance and durability.
- Composition: 84% nylon; 16% lycra.
A lightweight summer fabric packed with technology to keep you cool and dry as. The bi-component knit backs a sharp-looking polyester outer with a smooth layer of nano-charcoal polyester against your skin. Nano-charcoal disperses sweat to accelerate evaporation and is naturally anti-microbial to fight nasty smells. The fabric dries at the speed of light - great when reduced to hand washing on tour - and even performs its quick-drying magic in the wet under a rain jacket.
- Composition: 75% polyester; 25% nano-charcoal polyester.
▹ UPF 50
HyperActive's UPF 50+ rating extends your no-burn time by 50 times over bare skin. Designs with a stand-up collar and long sleeves maximise protection from the sun's UV rays. Yank 'em up if it gets too stifling.
Outskirts™ garments are designed specifically for women. Most Ground Effect designs are unisex… jackets, tights and baggy tops generally fit both men and women equally well. However, fitted garments like cycle shorts and some tops are more gender specific so you'll find a women’s version in the Outskirts™ women's range.
▹ More than Kiwi Made
Ground Effect clothing is crafted right here in New Zealand. Has been ever since we started back in 1994. Manufacturing locally works for us. We operate a quick-response system - holding minimal stock of any one item, but churning out a few more quick-smart when the pile gets low. The upshot is that we are seldom caught with our shelves empty, so orders get despatched the same day you place them.
Garment Weight: 90 gm
- All Ground Effect clothing enjoys a warm 40ºC machine wash. Try to avoid cold-water detergents and those with bleach, 'oxygen whitener' or fabric softener.
- The cold-water varieties have little enzymes that are super-charged to brave the cold but can damage technical fabrics and cause skin irritation.
- Bleach rots natural fibres like merino, strips the dye, attacks laminates of waterproof fabrics and can also cause skin irritation.
- Sodium Percarbonate (the main ingredient in oxygen whitener) can make colours run.
- Fabric softener and stuff containing it like wool wash destroys the water repellent finish on waterproof and water resistant fabrics, and can cause colours to run.
As a rule of thumb, a product that is easy on the planet is also easy on your body. Select a mild plant-based soap like Ecover, Ecostore, Earthwise or Aware.
- Hand washing is sometimes the only option on tour, but a washing machine rinses more thoroughly and is preferable if you have the choice.
Most Ground Effect gear dries super-fast so hanging on the line or drooping over the bedpost is generally the best option. High heat can damage some fabrics so if you do take your threads for a spin, set the device on 'medium' or 'warm' rather than hot. A lap in the dryer is recommended for your rain jacket, after it has dried on the line, as it helps recharge its water repellent finish.