Sharp threads for tackling urban singletrack, crashing the curb and leaping down steps. Bulletproof construction combines with a genuine performance fit and staunch good looks... so you can pedal to work, park 'em under the desk and then slide out early to hit the strip.
- Non-padded 'Strictly Ballroom' action gusset for pedalling freedom.
- Combine with Underdogs mesh liner for increased performance.
- Easy-Rider stretch lumbar and hip panels.
- Smooth fitted waist with belt loops and zipped fly.
- Heavy duty Hi-Impact Plus fabric takes the knocks.
- Open hand pockets plus zipped rear security pocket.
- Contrasting bartacking for extra grunt.
- Articulated knees for unlimited pedaling freedom.
- microFoil™ lined knees for extra warmth.
- Turn-up concealed dome cuffs to avoid chain suck.
- Sewn in emergency tube repair patch, because you can never be too well-prepared.
Hard wearing and quick drying nylon fabric - tightly woven to deliver bulletproof durability, with stretch construction for a performance fit. Hi-Impact Plus is slightly gruntier than the standard brew for a nudge more urban style.
- Composition: 97% nylon; 3% lycra.
Approved clobber for terrorising the city, cruising the highways or café surfing. Unfashion garments combine comfort on the bike with sharp looks for when you hit the pavement.
Stretch hip panels and Trim Tabs™ keep Ground Effect baggies hitched up. Intelligent design reduces surplus fabric for a smoother and therefore more comfortable interface between bum and saddle. There's also less risk of getting hooked up on technical trails.
A stretch lumbar panel and HighRise™ rear overlap with your cycle top to keep you covered. No bare skin or lewd exposure.
▹ More than Kiwi Made
Ground Effect clothing is crafted right here in New Zealand. Has been ever since we started back in 1994. Manufacturing locally works for us. We operate a quick-response system - holding minimal stock of any one item, but churning out a few more quick-smart when the pile gets low. The upshot is that we are seldom caught with our shelves empty, so orders get despatched the same day you place them.
Garment Weight: 490 gm
- All Ground Effect clothing enjoys a warm 40ºC machine wash. Try to avoid cold-water detergents and those with bleach, 'oxygen whitener' or fabric softener.
- The cold-water varieties have little enzymes that are super-charged to brave the cold but can damage technical fabrics and cause skin irritation.
- Bleach rots natural fibres like merino, strips the dye, attacks laminates of waterproof fabrics and can also cause skin irritation.
- Sodium Percarbonate (the main ingredient in oxygen whitener) can make colours run.
- Fabric softener and stuff containing it like wool wash destroys the water repellent finish on waterproof and water resistant fabrics, and can cause colours to run.
As a rule of thumb, a product that is easy on the planet is also easy on your body. Select a mild plant-based soap like Ecover, Ecostore, Earthwise or Aware.
- Hand washing is sometimes the only option on tour, but a washing machine rinses more thoroughly and is preferable if you have the choice.
Most Ground Effect gear dries super-fast so hanging on the line or drooping over the bedpost is generally the best option. High heat can damage some fabrics so if you do take your threads for a spin, set the device on 'medium' or 'warm' rather than hot. A lap in the dryer is recommended for your rain jacket, after it has dried on the line, as it helps recharge its water repellent finish.