- Easy-Rider stretch lumbar and hip panels for maximum flexibility.
- Smooth fitted waist with zipped fly.
- Gusseted crutch for pedalling freedom.
- Combine with Dovetails mesh liner for increased performance.
- Zip security pocket to keep the zip-zap card and lip salve secure.
- Tough Hi-Impact™ stretch nylon outer.
- Added strength with reinforced bartacking.
- Mid-length legs hang just above your knees.
- Secret tube repair patch.
- WXL size option.
Hard wearing and quick drying Hi-Impact Stretch nylon fabric - tightly woven to deliver bulletproof durability, with stretch construction for a performance fit.
- Composition: 95% nylon; 5% lycra.
Outskirts™ garments are designed specifically for women. Most Ground Effect designs are unisex… jackets, tights and baggy tops generally fit both men and women equally well. However, fitted garments like cycle shorts and some tops are more gender specific so you'll find a women’s version in the Outskirts™ women's range.
Stretch hip panels and Trim Tabs™ keep Ground Effect baggies hitched up. Intelligent design reduces surplus fabric for a smoother and therefore more comfortable interface between bum and saddle. There's also less risk of getting hooked up on technical trails.
▹ More than Kiwi Made
Ground Effect clothing is crafted right here in New Zealand. Has been ever since we started back in 1994. Manufacturing locally works for us. We operate a quick-response system - holding minimal stock of any one item, but churning out a few more quick-smart when the pile gets low. The upshot is that we are seldom caught with our shelves empty, so orders get despatched the same day you place them.
Garment Weight: 200 gm
||WS - WXL
||WS - WXL
▹ How should the waist fit?
These baggies feature a stretch-fit waist that delivers a snug, performance fit. Pull them over your hips, and there should be a 3-5 cm gap before you close the dome. The waist is then under tension so your pants stay put when hitting the trails or tarmac.
▹ Are they water-resistant?
The Hi-Impact™ Stretch fabric has a durable water resistant treatment (DWR). While the pants are not waterproof, they do provide some short term resistant to drizzle and light rain. They are windproof, dry faster than lightening if you do happen to get caught out and are extremely hard wearing.
▹ Baggy vs Lycra
A stretch short will always deliver more performance than a baggy number as there's no surplus fabric bunched up between your bum and the saddle. However, baggies are the default choice of battle-hardened cyclists off road, on tour and around the streets. They combine a loose but not super-baggy fit with an optional mesh liner and moulded pad... providing the performance benefits of conventional stretch shorts with minimal compromise.
- All Ground Effect clothing enjoys a warm 40ºC machine wash. Try to avoid cold-water detergents and those with bleach, 'oxygen whitener' or fabric softener.
- The cold-water varieties have little enzymes that are super-charged to brave the cold but can damage technical fabrics and cause skin irritation.
- Bleach rots natural fibres like merino, strips the dye, attacks laminates of waterproof fabrics and can also cause skin irritation.
- Sodium Percarbonate (the main ingredient in oxygen whitener) can make colours run.
- Fabric softener and stuff containing it like wool wash destroys the water repellent finish on waterproof and water resistant fabrics, and can cause colours to run.
As a rule of thumb, a product that is easy on the planet is also easy on your body. Select a mild plant-based soap like Ecover, Ecostore, Earthwise or Aware.
- Hand washing is sometimes the only option on tour, but a washing machine rinses more thoroughly and is preferable if you have the choice.
Most Ground Effect gear dries super-fast so hanging on the line or drooping over the bedpost is generally the best option. High heat can damage some fabrics so if you do take your threads for a spin, set the device on 'medium' or 'warm' rather than hot. A lap in the dryer is recommended for your rain jacket, after it has dried on the line, as it helps recharge its water repellent finish.